That Olive Oil has an abundance of polyphenols, monounsaturated fat and vitamin E? What does this mean? Read to find out.
Olive Oil is one of the most heart-healthiest options in the oil department. 75 percent of calories come from monounsaturated fat, which confers heart protection by lowering LDL (Bad) cholesterol while simultaneously raising HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
Polyphenols is a potent antioxidant plant compound which has been shown to reduce bone loss, improve cholesterol levels, decrease blood pressure, stemming the spread of cancerous cells, reduce inflammation and prevent the bunching together of blood platelets which protect against stroke and heart attacks.
This doesn’t mean to take a bottle of extra virgin or virgin olive oil and drink it straight. Use it moderately in your cooking and you have a great flavourful component that is on your side for all the good reasons.
· Rich in Vitamin E and cholesterol-lowering monounsaturated fat(72 percent of calories come from this heart-friendly fat)
· Ohio state University researchers showed that adding avocado oil to salad improves absorption of fat-soluble antioxidants, such as beta-carotene and eye-protecting lutein, found in salad vegetables.
· Loaded with saturated fat (about 12 grams per table spoon) BUT most of this is in the form of lauric acid-a medium chain triglyceride(MCT)
· Because of the unique structure, MCTs are more likely to be burned for energy in our bodies rather than stored as body fat.
· Flaxseed is the best source of the polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) of all the dietary oils.
· ALA helps quell inflammation, a trigger for several chronic diseases.
· 2009 study published in American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that omega-3 can help regulate heart rate.
· Great source of antioxidant and vitamin E as well as a beneficial monounsaturated fats, including oleic acid, an omega-9 fatty acid.
· Oleic Acid has been found, during digestion is converted into oleoylethanolamide (OEA), a hunger fighting hormone that stimulates cells which tell the brain that you’re full.
· Verdant hemp oil abounds with essential omega-6 and omega-3 fats.
· These fats are present in a 3:1 ration in hem oil which is the best ratio for wellbeing.
Pumpkin Seed Oil
· High in healthful polyunsaturated fat and is loaded with vitamin E, a potent antioxidant that research suggests reduces inflammation and slashes lung and prostate cancer risk.
· Antioxidants like vitamin E protect our cells against the harmful effects of free radicals.